Natural World Kenya Safaris COVID-19 health and safety protocols
There is undoubtedly no determined end in sight of the COVID-19 pandemic although global efforts to find vaccine(s) and develop guidelines on how to live with COVID-19 have picked momentum.
Is it safe to travel to Kenya amidst the global covid-19 pandemic?
Our answer is YES. Kenya has been listed among the 80 global destinations certified and authorized to use the “World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) “Safe Travel Stamp” after the destination’s adopted the global COVID-19 health and hygiene standardized protocols.
This stamp allows for the recognition of Kenya as a viable holiday safari destination subject to the implementation of the health and safety protocols.
Our COVID-19 health and safety protocols:
Natural World Kenya Safaris has adopted tourism and hospitality protocols on health and safety to mitigate the effects of the disruptions caused by the corona virus disease and taken responsibility of ensuring that destination Kenya is safe for tourism business.
Protocols for Natural World offices & staff:
- All our core staff have valid covid-19 free certification not more than14 days old from a recognized government approved facility at the first time and subsequently maintain Covid-19 prevention guidelines prescribed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) and relevant agencies.
- We have provided approved facemasks, hand sanitizers/hand washing facility with running water and soap at the entrance and at other strategic locations in the premises which are hygienically operated.
- We have provided contactless thermometer for body temperature check at the entrance for both staff and visitors.
- Have documented Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for guest Management line with these protocols and MOH Covid-19 preventive guidelines as appropriate.
- We have created and will maintain a register of all staff & drivers.
- All staff have been instructed to wash or sanitize hands their before and immediately after entering the work premises, after changing into uniforms, after using lockers and frequently while on shift, particularly after touching items or surfaces.
- All our staff offices have provision for adequate ventilation and maximized via wide openable windows.
- We have provided visible notices / signages and other sensitization information at the strategic locations/entrance on Covid-19 preventive measures, screening, frequent hand washing and sanitization and mandatory wearing of face masks.
- We have a Guest/visitors register shall be kept and updated daily and include mobile contact & physical address for ease in contact tracing.
- We have Integrated technologies to enable automation, such as online, mobile payment and discouraged cash payments.
- Our wide office doors shall be left/wedged open to reduce surface touching or porters/security shall be deployed to open doors to limit their touching of surfaces.
- We have provided separate waste bins in each office and at strategic locations and appropriate method for collection and storage of used PPEs to ensure hygienic waste disposal with minimum contact.
- We have a documented list of emergency contacts, reporting system and evacuation procedures for any arising health related incidents at our offices.
- We have developed office staff work schedules and shifts and provided the option of working from home for some of our staff.
- All our public facilities (kitchen, washrooms, lobby/lounge etc) shall adhere to social distancing, frequent cleaning and disinfection and provided with adequate supply of hand washing and sanitizing facilities. Staff have been trained on the same.
- We have developed cleaning procedures with appropriate disinfectants/sanitizers focusing on guest’s body, luggage, travel documents and high-frequency touch points/surfaces.
- Office gadgets/equipment headsets, personal computers, desks, telephones are dedicated to one staff member.
- Guest/visitors register shall be kept and updated daily and should include mobile contact & physical address for ease in tracing. Whenever possible, minimize walk-in clients and encourage online bookings.
- We will maintain records of sanitized areas/surfaces, detergents used and personnel involved in cleaning and sanitization process.
Protocols for airport transfers, excursions & safari operations:
- We will ensure that all our safari transfer vehicles are properly cleaned and sanitized during and after each trip/ transfer.
- We will Provide packed lunches for long drive to avoid unnecessary stop-overs.
- We shall ensure drivers and guides use suitable communication gadgets for vehicles carrying more than 7 passengers to communicate with guest to avoid turning or shouting to enable them to be heard by guests.
- We will maintain a register of clients transported or who have interacted with the tour guides.
- We shall ensure our safari / transfer vehicles are sanitized before the start of each trip and this will include cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces (handrails, door handles, seats etc.) at regular times in the course of trip.
- Particular attention shall be given to luggage disinfection before and after handling.
- We shall encourage open windows when weather permits, to allow air circulation in all our safari and transfer vehicles.
- We will limit the number of staff accompanying guests in every trip – only one driver guide per vehicle.
- We shall ensure information provided (like tourist map) is stuck on the back of the chairs of the vehicle to minimize contact.
- Only the driver guide will be permitted to open doors for the clients to minimize touching contaminated surfaces where applicable. The driver shall sanitize the doors before and after opening/closing.
- We will endeavor to educate office staff, driver guides and customers about their shared responsibility to help protect each other in a Covid-19 environment.
- Maintain appropriate and reliable list of emergency contacts for rapid assistance in case of health and safety related instances. This list will be stuck in each of our safari/transfer vehicles.
- We will educate and encourage our guests to minimize /avoid paying using cash at restaurants, curio shops e.t.c. Onlline, Mobile payment or credit/debit cards encouraged.
- Disposable approved & quality facemasks and sanitizers shall be made available in the vehicle for use at all times.
- Our drivers shall not be allowed to make stopover at any other place apart from the prearranged designated point or areas.
- All our vehicles shall carry a capacity that ensures social distancing between guests travelling together. Land cruisers and similar vehicles the carrying capacity shall not exceed 7 passengers.
- Natural World Kenya Safaris will only choose partners that are confirmed to comply with existing Government directives for the safe handling of their guests. This includes but is not limited to hotels, airlines, boats e.t.c.
- Any provided water bottles or items shall be labelled with each guest name to avoid sharing or use by another.
- Binoculars and cameras shall not to be shared and shall be sanitized regularly.
- Families, tour groups and couples shall be allocated to a specific vehicle and a guide for the duration of their stay to minimize exposure to other guests and guides.
Book your African Safari Holiday in Kenya today:
Contact Natural World Kenya Safaris today to book your safari:
If you would like to find out more about any of our amazing safari tours, please do not hesitate to contact our team today. We can help you find the right safari to suit your budget, and ensure you experience the trip of a lifetime! Please enter your details and contact us online.