Kicheche Mara Camp is a classic tented camp hidden in a beautiful valley in a prime wildlife area of the Mara North Conservancy. The luxury tents are laid out alongside a seasonal stream from where you can observe the resident birdlife and plains game beyond.
The location is ideal as game viewing frequently starts in the camp itself and there is prime wildlife habitat on all sides providing an ideal base for your safari in the Masai Mara.
The family suite is a perfect new addition with two separate bedrooms (double & twin/triple) with ensuite bathrooms. The bedrooms are connected by a lounge furnished with a sofa and small table enabling private dining.
- Bordering the Mara Reserve, one of the biggest conservancies in the area
- Amazing game viewing all year round.
- The camp is located in an Acacia Valley, a prime wildlife area, in this top-quality Conservancy, and game viewing frequently starts in the camp itself.
- Access is from Mara North airstrip, a 20 minutes’ drive away
- Game drives in customized 4WD safari vehicles
- Guided walks
- Flycamp: one night out in the wilderness to have it 100% authentic under canvas and your guide hosting you
- Quad tents are available at Kicheche Mara camp.
- With only eight tents an intimate and relaxed atmosphere is assured. All tents are overlooking the Olare Orok stream and the western escarpment of the valley. Triple and Quad family tents (1 double & 2 single beds) are also available
- Spacious en-suite bathroom with running hot and cold water
- The camp lounge has a stunning view down the valley and offers comfortable seating, a library, board games and local crafts
- The camp prides itself on offering a friendly and intimate stay, with our hosts treating you as welcome guests, not just travel statistics. The camp is hosted and there is a team of attentive staff ensuring personal warmth and attention to any needs during your stay
- Meals are taken in dining tent or in the shade of a large euclea tree with a beautiful view down the valley
- Water dispenser in the tents to refill your complimentary water bottles.
- Lighting is supplied 24 hours; charging facilities available in the tents, however, the solar system does not allow hair dryers.
- WIFI in the lounge